Francisca Campos Johnson, Ph.D.Vice President, Senior GIS Specialist
Dr. Francisca Johnson started her career in the agricultural chemical industry performing research on cross-resistance of agricultural pests to pesticides. She then took the research experience to the field as a technical representative and then as a senior accounts supervisor. In these positions she developed relationships with University researchers, distributors, dealers and pest control advisors. Over the last several years Dr. Johnson has been the GIS specialist for MLJ-LLC assisting clients with compliance and research projects. Dr. Johnson works closely with various state and local agencies to obtain and manipulate spatial data and interpret those data for clients.
Francisca Johnson has worked on projects for the San Joaquin County & Delta Water Quality Coalition and East San Joaquin Water Quality Coalition assisting the Coalitions in complying with conditional agricultural waiver addressing discharges of water from irrigated agricultural lands. Projects have included classifying agricultural land according to crops and soil types, and detailed descriptions of sub-watersheds being sampled using ArcGIS software, as well as integrating monitoring data with pesticide use reports. She has also developed spatial models of urban pesticide runoff to evaluate the contribution of various urban land use categories to pesticide loads.
Other Related Training
GIS Hydro 2010 Arc Hydro Model Applications. 2010 ESRI User Conference Preconference Seminar.
Arc Hydro Groundwater 2010 – Managing Groundwater Data in ArcGIS. 2010 ESRI User Conference Preconference Seminar.
Selected Publications and Presentation
- Johnson, Francisca, M. L. Johnson. 2010. Using ArcGIS to identify source of pesticide use in water quality management. Poster Presentation at ESRI International User Conference, San Diego, California, 2010.
- Johnson, F.C. 2009. GIS Land Use Analysis of Kirker Creek and Pleasant Grove Creek Sampling Site Watersheds (Source Identification) – Final Report. Submitted to California Department of Pesticide Regulation as one of the documents associated with pyrethroid re-evaluation. Tracking number 228460, 03/10/2009, Data type document.
- Campos, F., D. Jimenez, S. Von Dollen, L. Lehman, J. Orjala. 2001. A novel Streptomyces strain with insecticidal activity. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Entomological Society of America, San Diego, CA, Dec. 9-12, 2001.
- Campos, F. & D.A. Krupa. 1998. The evaluation of a petri dish assay for the assessment of abamectin-susceptibility in twospotted spider mites, Tetranychus urticae Koch (Acari: Tetranychidae). J. Econ. Ent. 90:742-746. .
- Campos, F. D.A. Krupa, R.A. Dybas. 1996. Susceptibility of populations of twospotted spider mites, Tetranychus urticae (Acari: Tetranychidae) from Florida, Holland and the Canary Islands to abamectin and characterization of abamectin resistance. J. Econ. Ent. 89:594-601.
- Campos, F., J. Atkinson, J.T. Arnason, B.J.R. Philogene, P. Morand, N.H. Werstiuk, G. Timmins. 1988. Toxicity and toxicokinetics of 6-methoxybenzoxazolinone (MBOA) in the European corn borer, Ostrinia nubilalis (Hubner). J. Chem. Ecol. 14:989-1002.